I haven't written in here for awhile! Sorry :(
So, college is AWESOME!
I love it! It's really exciting to listen to the lectures in class and to learn new things.
My first class Marriage and Family Relations is really interesting, although I have a crappy teacher who can't speak English very well, and doesn't know how to give lectures properly, I still like listening to it and learning more about marriage customs and everything. It was really funny, the first day of lectures we started talking about Fundamentalists Mormons and how they practice polygyny (one man, two or more wives). It was really interesting to read about it my textbook and hear the lecture in class and how their normal lives go. It's so messed up. Bob and I were kind of chuckling about it in class.
In U.S. History to 1865, my teacher is AWESOME!! (tiffany--if you remember Mrs. Rogeau & Mr. Johnson, she's kind of like a mix of them, but better. Her lectures are like a continuous story and she's got these crazy antics and hilarious side stories. It's a great class! It's extremely easy.
My American National Government class is a tough cookie. A lot more is involved, but it's really interesting to read about goverment and all these different perspectives that we discuss in class. My teacher is obsessed with her job and teaches pretty well, although she talks extremely fast. We have a couple of essays to write, and current event pop quizzes every now and then, so I have read the New York Times alot.
My Basic Nutrition online class is a piece of cake. Just read the material in the textbook, do the reviews, do the practice quizzes which i'm getting A's on. :) easy easy easy. it has made me quite aware though of how terrible fast food is for you, and it's making me be more cautious about what foods to buy at the grocery stores and it's helping me eat more healthy :)
Yay. Those are my classes. every tuesday and thursday. Interesting, and enough to keep me busy most of the time. I love having these classes with Bobby! It's so nice having someone in the class that you know very well and you don't feel so awkward. Bobby says I'm really helping him want to learn more and he feels more driven about studying. :) :) Yay!!! (He used to hate school).
So life is good with college. We are determined to never miss a class. And i'm really wanting to join the honor society at the college. I have to maintain a GPA of 3.5, if I can get that this semester, I can be eligible to join. We'll see how the semester goes :)
Me and Bobby's anniversary went really well, we went around shopping for awhile and thinking of a future home and everything (after marriage of course...whenever that will be? next year? two years?) and he took me out to Olive Garden. He also bought me a beautiful blue gemmed necklace from JCPenney. He also got me the 4th season of Grey's Anatomy, and Night at the Roxbury!!!! :D He also got me a dozen of beautiful pink rimmed roses and an awesome swiss chocolate bar. (He goes wayyy out for me. :P) I really wish he would trim it down a bit. :/ I feel really bad that he's spending this money on me when he doesnt have to in the least!
So, yay! Bobby and I have been together for over a year now :) We are both extremely happy :]
Bobby is going out of town tomorrow to his family reunion (which I can't go to :( i couldn't get labor day weekend off when we are also opening IMAX today!) So he will be in Quanna for saturday and sunday. *First time to sleep in the apartment alone...i'm kinda freaked out*
During the weekend I'm hoping to get all my homework done and deep clean the apartment. :D
And then spend the rest of my time, finally having some alone time to play my amazing zelda games and chilling. :D
I'd better get working on these dishes...
<3
Yaay for the amazing college girl!! I'm so glad that you are having fun with these classes. And your history teacher sounds amazing. I haven't thought about Mrs. Rogeau or Mr. Johnson in a while--totally miss Mr. Johnson's hair sweeps, overtly loud voice, and cooking/art history fetish. He was awesome.
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot about your 1-year anniversary. That is a huge deal!! I'm so glad you're with Bobby! You two are darling, seriously. Sorry you can't go to his reunion though, but it can be nice to have a weekend to yourself every once in a long while. ;P
Miss you girlie!!
Awww Jubie this is such a great post! I'm so happy that you're in college and enjoying your classes! I'm so proud of you! Now my youngest sibling is a college girl!!
ReplyDeleteBobby is so sweet and a half. Happy Anniversary of being together!! I'm glad it was such a great day for you! I hope your Labor Day weekend was fun and relaxing. Congratulations on working and going to school! That's so cute, too, how Bobby feels more motivated to study because of you. :)