
So, i got to call 911 for the first time! wonderful. it was great.
We had just closed the building. A crew lead knocked on the door frantically to the office and told me there was a fire in the concession stand. I ran back there and there was heavy smoke coming out of the multiplex syrup tower. It was nuts. The first thing I did was call 911. Then Taylor and I turned off all the electrical breakers to the concession stand and I took the fire extinguisher and attempted at putting out the smoke. Rob got my GM on the phone for me and I told him of the situation. The firefighters showed up within minutes and finished the job. It turned out that the motor in the tower blew up basically and the entire system was melted. It was burning the plastic on some of the tubing too. They stayed until they knew that everything was ok and safe. Afterwards, Rob and I spent an hour trying to figure out the breaker system and turn on the concession registers again and the freezers and refridgerators without turning on the syrup towers. It was kinda scary. I'm still coughing like nuts from the smoke. >_<
incident reports here i come!
Way to go Julie!! My fire-fighting hero! That's waay intense and I'm glad no one was hurt.
ReplyDeleteWow! Crazy story. Good job and yay for firefighters. I love your apocalyptic fireman picture!
ReplyDeleteJuju with a fire extinguisher! POWER! That was really smart thinking to call 911 first before trying to do anything. Great job Julie, you're one cool-headed manager. I'm proud of you!
ReplyDelete